This position plays a key role in driving our culture of Continuous Improvement and providing Operational Excellence tools for the plant. The achievement of many of our most important strategic and operational goals in the coming years hinges upon the successful implementation of business excellence tools, practices and corresponding mindset. We are looking forward to applications from experienced leaders who want to make a positive impact every single day in every possible way.
The position is about:
- Leading the Business Excellence Team for the Vienna Site including Operational Excellence, Training and Project Management
- Leading at a functional level across the entire organisation in driving cultural development towards a safe, respectful & inclusive, blame-free culture of continuous improvement with a focus on achieving business results
- Participating in the Site Leadership Team to develop and deploy the Site Strategy
- Setting and coordinating goals and performance management objectives for your departments and their leaders in alignment with the plants goals
- Supporting and strengthening the organization and individuals in their decision making process and act as a role model in taking, explaining and communicating decisions
- Providing direction and priorities for continuous improvement initiatives in order to support business goals using the right tools in an efficient manner
- Developing a plan for continuous improvement towards operational excellence in alignment with the plant goals
Criteria for success:
- Robustness of the jobholders organisation (competency levels, succession plans, development plans,..)
- Deployment level of continuous improvement processes across Vienna Operations
- Clearly defined performance indicators covering different aspects and aligned with business goals established and used across Vienna Operations
- Effectiveness and efficiency of training system
- Effectiveness and efficiency of Project portfolio management process
- Clear communication and feedback channels across Vienna Site
- Expense and headcount budget adherance
Essential Skills for the position:
- Emotional intelligence and sensibility for the culture and communication structures of a big organisation
- Listening skills at all levels of the organisation
- English language
- Ability to drive change and motivate others towards a common vision
- Demonstrated leadership attributes.
- Excellent interpersonal/influencing/negotiating skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both oral and written with a demonstrated ability to present key quality/department/business indicators to senior management.
- Excellent project management, organizational, planning and analytical skills; six sigma black belt qualifications or similar would be a benefit
- Ideally, pharmaceutical/process industry experience or experience in manufacturing or quality operations
As a leading global biotechnology company we have one mission every day: to lastingly improve the lives of people living with rare diseases. Crucial to our mission are our employees - our biggest asset - who enjoy a range of benefits and career opportunities, such as trainee and training programs, job rotations, apprenticeships, work-life balance (certified family friendly), company kindergarten, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. Here you can learn more about Shire in Austria.
We offer outstanding opportunities to motivated people regardless of your gender, age, skin color, ethnicity, sexual orientation or physical handicaps. Diversity is part of our success!
The minimum salary for this position based on the collective agreement is € 4.225,44 gross per month (full-time), but actual salary will be significantly higher. We are looking forward to your application!