The Cancer Immunology and Immune Modulation (CI&IM) Division of Boehringer Ingelheim (BI) Discovery Research is looking to further enhance its scientific talent base at the BI Research site in Vienna, Austria by appointing an experienced scientist to lead cancer antigen discovery programs.
This individual will join a successful team with a history of discovering and translating cancer targets into novel immunotherapeutic drug candidates.
In addition to directly leading a team of highly skilled laboratory scientists there will be opportunity to lead global project teams that contribute to a sustained and innovative CI&IM portfolio. Furthermore, there will also be the opportunity to lead collaborations with external academic and biotech partners who support us in the discovery of innovative drug concepts.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and the potential to directly contribute to the companies? success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead a molecular and cellular biology research laboratory comprising highly motivated and qualified lab scientists
- Establish biochemical and in vitro immunological assays to enable the discovery of novel targets for cancer immunotherapy and profiling of drug candidates
- Lead scientific projects to discover innovative immune-modulating drug concepts for cancer therapy
- Collaborate and coordinate effectively with other research teams and disciplines across a global Discovery Research organization
- As a member of a global expert working team contribute to the proposal and evaluation of new therapeutic drug concepts for cancer immunotherapy
- Present scientific data at internal and external meetings, and publish findings in peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Establish and lead external innovation collaborations with academic and biotech partners
For this position we offer an interesting salary considering your expertise and personal competencies as well as your professional experience. We are obliged by law to state the minimum salary according to the collective agreement, which amounts to € 48,718.04 gross per year (full-time) for this position. An overpayment is possible. Moreover, we offer our employees a variety of attractive social benefits which will be introduced in the personal interview.
- PhD in biosciences with postdoctoral training and research experience in the fields of cancer immunotherapy, immunology, or tumor biology
- At least 3 years of postdoctoral experience in a relevant field, with a track record of research in tumor immunology being an advantage
- Previous drug discovery experience in the areas of cancer immunotherapy or therapeutic antibody discovery is an advantage
- Excellent team working, leadership, and presentation skills (English as a working language, basic German an advantage)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate scientific findings through a strong publication record
Innovative medicines for people and animals have for more than 130 years been what the research-driven pharmaceutical company Boehringer Ingelheim stands for. Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the pharmaceutical industry?s top 20 companies and to this day remains family-owned. Day by day, some 50,000 employees create value through innovation for the three business areas human pharmaceuticals, animal health and biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing. In 2016, Boehringer Ingelheim achieved net sales of around 15.9 billion euros. With more than three billion euros, R&D expenditure corresponds to 19.6 per cent of net sales.
Your application will be reviewed by our recruiting team as well as the respective department. Therefore, we do not state a specific contact person and kindly ask you to use a general salutation in your application.