Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop novel computational methods for analysing, integrating and aggregating the knowledge embedded in 3D structural data for assisting interactive compound design
- Devise algorithms for rapidly supplying such information using recommendation engines
- Directly interact with academic collaboration partners
- Plan, conduct and present work at internal and external opportunities
- Publication of the resulting achievements in renowned scientific journals
For this position we offer an interesting salary considering your expertise and personal competencies as well as your professional experience. We are obliged by law to state the minimum salary according to the collective agreement, which amounts to € 42,913.50 gross per year (full-time) for this position. An overpayment is possible. Moreover, we offer our employees a variety of attractive social benefits which will be introduced in the personal interview.
- PhD in computational chemistry, bioinformatics, structural biology, biophysics or related area
- Strong background in chemistry
- Good understanding of 3D structural data, such as small molecule crystal and protein-ligand complex structures, and their use in drug discovery
- Profound programming and software design skills, preferably in Python
- Relevant scientific track and publication record
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently with an adventurous attitude, and to creatively tackle challenging scientific problems
Innovative medicines for people and animals have for more than 130 years been what the research-driven pharmaceutical company Boehringer Ingelheim stands for. Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the pharmaceutical industry?s top 20 companies and to this day remains family-owned. Day by day, some 50,000 employees create value through innovation for the three business areas human pharmaceuticals, animal health and biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing. In 2016, Boehringer Ingelheim achieved net sales of around 15.9 billion euros. With more than three billion euros, R&D expenditure corresponds to 19.6 per cent of net sales.
Your application will be reviewed by our recruiting team as well as the respective department. Therefore, we do not state a specific contact person and kindly ask you to use a general salutation in your application.