Working with the General Manager Austria and the leadership team, the Commercial Strategy and Operations Manager is a unique blend of strategic and operational responsibilities.
The role will play an important part in the continued evolution of the Austrian commercial business, and will be a significant player in the development of the business. On the strategic side the role will interface with the corporate functions to support the development of long range plans and help assess business development. On the operational side the role will work cross functionally to ensure the strategic and operational plans are delivered, and initiatives / projects are effectively implemented. A special focus will be on empowering our customer facing colleagues to be as effective and efficient as possible through data and analytics, system support, training etc.
- Work closely with the General Manager Austria and the leadership team to drive projects and initiatives which create growth and capitalize on market dynamics / differences
- Play a lead role in the interface with DACH-functions and corporate functions to develop strategic and long range plans supporting the assessment of market and industry trends, data gathering & analysis and preparation of plans.
- Develop strategic plan and help to operationalize
- Roll out launch excellence process and oversee implementation of launch readiness plans
- Assess value creation potential of business development opportunities and prepare commercial justifications.
- Design and develop presentations for General Manager Austria for various meetings including business reviews.
- Ensure customer targeting processes are appropriate and implemented (sales force effectiveness)
- Ensure effective use of CRM (Perform analysis, dashboard outputs and make recommendations regarding optimization and redirection of field force)
- Prepare internal meetings (e.g. leadership meetings, cycle meetings)
- A consulting background and/or an MBA
- Demonstrable experience (min 5-6 years) within a commercial organisation, at a senior management level and within a complex operating model
- Track record of strategic and operational planning
- Innovative strategic thinker with exceptional process and project management skills
- Commercially astute, proactive and self-starter
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with business fluency in German and English
- Very strong interpersonal skills
- Accustomed to managing a diverse and rapidly changing workload, delivering projects across several teams, timelines and within a matrix structure
- Experience in, or strong exposure to, the healthcare industry