Utilities Engineering (Haus- und Versorgungstechnik), with 45 employees, is one of the major departments within our engineering group. We are now looking for the department manager:
This role focuses on:
- Leading the Utilities Engineering group - mentoring/managing the employees, setting goals and planning the resources (ca. 45 employees)
- Continuously improving the groups processes, maintenance strategy, quality and performance based on the KPIs
- Responsibility for 1st and 2nd level support for the maintenance of utilities
- Driving innovation in the broader engineering department by identifying and implementing technical solutions and technologies
- Representing the broader engineering group in meetings/audits as necessary
- Provide support to the Vienna production plant in maintaining production and achieving its goals
- Responsibility for the building/facilities cost center within the organization
We are looking for an innovative and dedicated engineering leader with experience from the manufacturing environment with:
- A respect for Shires mission to provide life-changing medical treatments to people with rare diseases
- Education in the area of engineering and ideally in-depth experience in utilities engineering
- A good understanding of business drivers, customer needs and the big picture
- A strong ability to negotiate and motivate internal and external stakeholders
- A high commitment to quality and understanding of the production environment
- Excellent German skills
- A dedication to developing the team and creating an environment that enables high performance
As a leading global biotechnology company we have one mission every day: to lastingly improve the lives of people living with rare diseases. Crucial to our mission are our employees - our biggest asset - who enjoy a range of benefits and career opportunities, such as trainee and training programs, job rotations, apprenticeships, work-life balance (certified family friendly), company kindergarten, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. Here you can learn more about Shire in Austria.
We offer outstanding opportunities to motivated people regardless of your gender, age, skin color, ethnicity, sexual orientation or physical handicaps. Diversity is part of our success.
The minimum salary for this position is € 4.225,44 gross per month (full-time); increased payment is probable. We are looking forward to your application!