We are seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated and creative postdoctoral scientist to join the department of Cancer Immunology at Boehringer Ingelheim RCV to drive innovative research in the field of T-cell engaging antibodies targeting novel tumor antigens. This project aims to investigate the biology of novel tumor antigens and the mechanism of action of T-cell engaging antibodies directed against these antigens, as well as novel drug combinations. The advertised position is part of the global Boehringer Ingelheim Postdoc Programme (https://careers.boehringer-ingelheim.com/post-doc/) and we encourage applications from individuals with a strong background and interest in cancer research and immunology.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Full responsibility for a research project, working closely with a team of lab scientists and an experienced mentor, with academic and industry background
- Establish and perform in vitro immune cell assays and co-cultures with cancer cells
- Plan, conduct and present work across sites and with academic experts in the field of T cell engaging antibodies
- Publish scientific results in peer-reviewed scientific journals and present data at international conferences
For this position we offer an interesting salary package considering your expertise and personal competencies as well as your professional experience. We are obliged by law to state the minimum salary according to the collective agreement, which amounts to € 44,286.62 gross per year (full-time) for this position, whereby an overpayment is possible. Moreover, we offer our employees a variety of attractive benefits: staff restaurant, pension scheme, comprehensive health promotion and a variety of training opportunities are just a few of them.
- PhD in biosciences with strong background in Cancer Immunology
- Previous hands-on experience with human immune/tumor cell co-culture systems and multi-color flow-cytometry analysis
- Previous hands-on experience with immunofluorescence and laser scanning microscopy techniques of human cells and tissues is an advantage
- Broad knowledge of molecular and cellular biology methods
- Excellent communication, networking and presentation skills, as well as data analysis and data management skills
- Relevant scientific track and publication record
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
About Boehringer Ingelheim?s Postdoc Programme
- The initial appointment is for 2 years fixed term contract with potential for a 1-2 year extension
- As a Postdoctoral Fellow you will benefit from a fully resourced and fully funded research environment with access to state-of-the-art tools, technologies and equipment
- Embedded in the BI Discovery Research organization, you will benefit from vibrant and regular scientific exchange within BI?s post doc community, including global BI post doc retreats, and with research scientists as well as with academic collaboration partners
- You will be expected to publish your scientific results in peer-reviewed journals and present your data at international conferences
At the end of the programme you will have the opportunity to compete for a transition grant to facilitate starting up your next lab.
Innovative medicines for people and animals have for more than 130 years been what the research-driven pharmaceutical company Boehringer Ingelheim stands for. Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the pharmaceutical industry?s top 20 companies and to this day remains family-owned. Day by day, some 50,000 employees create value through innovation for the three business areas human pharmaceuticals, animal health and biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing. In 2016, Boehringer Ingelheim achieved net sales of around 15.9 billion euros. With more than three billion euros, R&D expenditure corresponds to 19.6 per cent of net sales.
Your application will be reviewed by our recruiting team as well as the respective department. Therefore, we do not state a specific contact person and kindly ask you to use a general salutation in your application.