This role will serve as the Quality Control Program Lead Orth Lab for the Shire multi-product testing hub in Orth, Austria. This facility is testing plasma derived, recombinant and gene therapy products in different development phases and commercial.
This role is primarily responsible for leading the QC programs, supporting the daily business, investigations and problem solving together with site QC labs and partners from Global QC. This is a critical role within the Quality Control organisation to help create value for our patients.
- Organize operations especially in lieu with continuous improvement, identify, lead and drive improvements or remediation for process flows (indirect team management)
- Fosters an environment of right first time in everything that we do through a focus on principles of lean, including simplification, standard work, visual management and a learning organisation.
- Drive a high performance organisational culture that accommodates rapid growth and highly dynamic expectations, ensuring attainment of operational and development goals
- Partner with cross functional stakeholders such as Method Introduction and Site Support (MI&S) and key groups in global Quality Control (e.g. Analytical Instrument Qualification (AIQ)), Quality Control Technical Services (QCTS), etc.) as well as the Analytical development and Regulatory Affairs groups
- Builds partnerships within the network Quality leadership team (QLT) to create and sustain a culture that demonstrates excellence in quality and continuous improvement
- Responsible to act as an interface between QC organizations within the network and the supporting Central Quality support functions (ex. Central Product Testing and others) to ensure the organizations support needs are met
- support fulfilment of key performance indicators
- A minimum of a Bachelor?s degree in a technical discipline (e.g. biochemistry, chemistry, engineering). A post-graduate qualification (MSc. or PhD) is desired
- Experience in the biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with working in a multinational organization
- Fluency in German and English language is a must
As a leading global biotechnology company we have one mission every day: to lastingly improve the lives of people living with rare diseases. Crucial to our mission are our employees - our biggest asset - who enjoy a range of benefits and career opportunities, such as trainee and training programs, job rotations, apprenticeships, work-life balance (certified family friendly), free shuttle bus Vienna-Orth, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. Here you can learn more about Shire in Austria.
We offer outstanding opportunities to motivated people regardless of your gender, age, skin color, ethnicity, sexual orientation or physical handicaps. Diversity is part of our success.
The minimum salary for this position is € 4.225,44 gross per month (full-time); increased payment is possible. We are looking forward to your application.