We are seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated and innovative postdoctoral scientist to join the department of Cancer Research, to explore the therapeutic potential of exosomes and microvesicles. This project aims at developing extracellular vesicle-based therapies that address significant unmet medical needs in oncology/immune-oncology. We encourage applications from individuals with a strong background and interest in cancer therapy.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Working closely with a team of lab scientists and an experienced mentor, and will leverage collaboration opportunities across departments
- Directly interact with academic collaborators
- Plan, conduct and present work across sites as well as with academic collaborators
- Publication of the scientific results in peer-reviewed scientific journals
For this position we offer an interesting salary considering your expertise and personal competencies as well as your professional experience. We are obliged by law to state the minimum salary according to the collective agreement, which amounts to € 42,913.50 gross per year (full-time) for this position. An overpayment is possible. Moreover, we offer our employees a variety of attractive social benefits which will be introduced in the personal interview.
- PhD with strong background in the field of Biochemistry, Cell biology and Molecular Biology
- Experience with relevant experimental work, e.g. extracellular vesicle characterization and engineering, drug-delivery or imaging (confocal laser scanning microscopy) is a plus
- Evidence of scientific rigor and excellence as documented by peer-reviewed publications
- Creative thinking and lateral mindset, organized and self-motivated to innovate
- Excellent communication, networking and presentation skills (English as a working language)
- Relevant scientific track and publication record
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently with an adventurous attitude, and to creatively tackle challenging scientific problems
Innovative medicines for people and animals have for more than 130 years been what the research-driven pharmaceutical company Boehringer Ingelheim stands for. Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the pharmaceutical industry?s top 20 companies and to this day remains family-owned. Day by day, some 50,000 employees create value through innovation for the three business areas human pharmaceuticals, animal health and biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing. In 2016, Boehringer Ingelheim achieved net sales of around 15.9 billion euros. With more than three billion euros, R&D expenditure corresponds to 19.6 per cent of net sales.
Your application will be reviewed by our recruiting team as well as the respective department. Therefore, we do not state a specific contact person and kindly ask you to use a general salutation in your application.