Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and establish new (stereo)- selective photoredox catalyzed cross coupling reactions
- Support synthesis of new anticancer drug molecules
- Interact with multi-disciplinary project teams at Boehringer Ingelheim Vienna
- Directly interact with academic collaboration partners
- Plan, conduct and present work at internal and external opportunities
- Publication of the resulting findings in renowned scientific journals
For this position we offer an interesting salary considering your expertise and personal competencies as well as your professional experience. We are obliged by law to state the minimum salary according to the collective agreement, which amounts to € 42,913.50 gross per year (full-time) for this position. An overpayment is possible. Moreover, we offer our employees a variety of attractive social benefits which will be introduced in the personal interview.
- PhD in chemistry
- Strong background in synthetic organic chemistry
- Experience in the field of photoredox catalysis is preferable
- Relevant scientific track and good publication record
- Team player with creative thinking and lateral mindset, organized and self-motivated to innovate
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Innovative medicines for people and animals have for more than 130 years been what the research-driven pharmaceutical company Boehringer Ingelheim stands for. Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the pharmaceutical industry?s top 20 companies and to this day remains family-owned. Day by day, some 50,000 employees create value through innovation for the three business areas human pharmaceuticals, animal health and biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing. In 2016, Boehringer Ingelheim achieved net sales of around 15.9 billion euros. With more than three billion euros, R&D expenditure corresponds to 19.6 per cent of net sales.
Your application will be reviewed by our recruiting team as well as the respective department. Therefore, we do not state a specific contact person and kindly ask you to use a general salutation in your application.