About the position:
- Ensure GMP Processes, Procedures and Best Business Practices are always used within Artwork Operations
- Establish & maintain good working relationships with key colleagues involved in the artwork process across the organization, such as GRA, GPT and Supply Planning, to ensure compliant use of the artwork process and systems to support the on time delivery of artwork
- Work directly with internal design studio, external graphic houses and print vendors to coordinate artwork development & publishing of new/ revised artwork as well as technical/ profile drawings and guides
- Transparently monitor, control and report process performance of label changes
- Ensure globally harmonized application of material artwork implementation processes across the different functions and facilities
- Drives innovation within areas of responsibility through identifying and implementing continuous improvement opportunities with the objective of achieving operational excellence
- Manage overall portfolio and projects for Artwork changes site specific considering lowest possible impact on market supply and manufacturing operations while still maintaining highest possible efficiency in change implementation.
- Identify and engage necessary resources. Identify barriers and recommend solutions. Develop a project plan and execute to timeline. Communicate project status to requestors, customers and senior management.
- Define implementation plan and if required mitigation strategy based on supply/demand forecast. Optimize inventory levels with Supply Planning to reduce the financial impact of the change while securing the Artwork Change.
- Align different Supply Chain views and needs (Supply Planning, Demand Planning, Strategic Sourcing & Supplier Management) in the context of material/label change to one Supply Chain implementation strategy
- Leads global teams (internal/external) in defining program strategies, developing goals, assigning project tasks and ensures the team meets all goals.
- Analyze complex data with the understanding of trade-offs between different business objectives and present recommendations
- Provide effective communication, prioritization, and resolution of key issues across the cross-functional team, unit and function
- Drive organizational and individual people development. Coach employees, set goals manage performance and monitor fulfillment. Develop key members of the team to support long term objectives, retention and succession planning.
- Initiate escalation process and facilitate problem solving for issues endanger supply continuity or fulfillment of business critical goals
- Represent Site Specific Artwork Management, provide expert statements and provide training/technical consultation if required
- Establishes and maintains relationships with customers, stakeholders, partners, third parties/ vendors
Skills you need:
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Education in natural sciences, biotechnology or engineering: minimum bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience in TechOps and/or quality in (bio)pharmaceutical production (GMP environment); several years of leadership experience
- If bachelor or higher: min 5 years of professional experience in manufacturing and/or quality in (bio)pharmaceutical production (GMP environment), several years of leadership experience
- Project Management, Change Control, Supply Chain, Materials Management
- IT: ERP systems (JDE/SAP or others), EQM systems (e.g. TrackWise, IsoTrain, Saba), project management tools, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- English (fluent)
- Practical experience in Change Control/ Artwork Management, material and/or label change in GMP environment
- Additional training/certification associated with project management, supply chain Management continuous improvement, Lean principles
- Ability to managing teams remotely
- Additional languages, esp. German
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and communication/influencing/negotiation skills
- Team-building and strategic planning skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills, high hands-on mentality
- Self-driven and able to act independently and on own responsibility
- Team player and adaptable to a dynamic environment
- Passion to innovate and drive for solutions
- Attention to detail
- Must have the ability to handle complex problems and have excellent analytical and investigational skills as well as sound, timely decision-making
- Domestic/International travel may be required up to 20%
As a leading global biotechnology company we have one mission every day: to lastingly improve the lives of people living with rare diseases. Crucial to our mission are our employees - our biggest asset - who enjoy a range of benefits and career opportunities, such as trainee and training programs, job rotations, apprenticeships, work-life balance (certified family friendly), company kindergarten, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. Here you can learn more about Shire in Austria.
We offer outstanding opportunities to motivated people regardless of your gender, age, skin color, ethnicity, sexual orientation or physical handicaps. Diversity is part of our success!
The minimum salary according to collective agreement for this position is € 4.094,41 gross per month (full-time); increased payment is intended; in addition we offer an attractive monetary incentive program. We are looking forward to your application!