The Business Intelligence (BI) Business Consultant ? Project Manager is responsible for identifying and analysing the needs of the customer, translates them into specifications. He is further responsible for coordination and implementation of Business Intelligence projects. The team is charged with providing actionable, timely and accurate business insights to the right people at the right time in the area of Research, development and Medicine.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide demand management, business consultancy and Business Intelligence related services to assigned business clients in the area of Medicine
- Identify and analyze business needs, influence and negotiate scope and requirements, manage the implementation of the solution
- Lead global Business Intelligence projects in the area of Research, Development and Medicine with project teams consisting of data engineers, data architects, business owners and subject matter experts
- Work with key stakeholders and team members to establish strategy, approach, scope and timelines for BI projects
- Provide status to management and keep stakeholders apprised of key project activities
- Identify, track, and mitigate risks that could have a negative impact on project timelines or deliverables
- Enforce standards (e.g. development guidelines) and compliance rules to be followed in the project execution and manage handover to operations team
For this position we offer an interesting salary considering your expertise and personal competencies as well as your professional experience. We are obliged by law to state the minimum salary according to the collective agreement, which amounts to € 34,142.50 gross per year (full-time) for this position. An overpayment is possible. Moreover, we offer our employees a variety of attractive social benefits which will be introduced in the personal interview.
- Degree in business administration, computer science or a comparable professional experience
- PMP certification with proven practical experience (e.g. record of successfully managed complex projects in the area of Business Intelligence) additional certifications are an advantage
- Comfortable working with both agile and waterfall delivery methodologies
- Strong verbal and non-verbal communications skills (English is working language)
- Working knowledge of Business Intelligence tools and technologies (e.g. Cognos, Tableau, Qlikview)
- Experience working in an international and intercultural environment
- Excellent analytical thinking and customer and team orientation
- Experience with GxP and in pharmaceutical industry with regulated environments and medicine processes is an advantage
Innovative medicines for people and animals have for more than 130 years been what the research-driven pharmaceutical company Boehringer Ingelheim stands for. Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the pharmaceutical industry?s top 20 companies and to this day remains family-owned. Day by day, some 50,000 employees create value through innovation for the three business areas human pharmaceuticals, animal health and biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing. In 2016, Boehringer Ingelheim achieved net sales of around 15.9 billion euros. With more than three billion euros, R&D expenditure corresponds to 19.6 per cent of net sales.
Your application will be reviewed by our recruiting team as well as the respective department. Therefore, we do not state a specific contact person and kindly ask you to use a general salutation in your application.