Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing the complete system lifecycle (concept, planning, implementation and maintenance) of a High Performance Computing (HPC) Infrastructure
- Developing scripts of automatic programs
- Designing and operating HPC Cloud approach complementing the on-site Infrastructure
- Collaborating to the automating, redesigning and optimizing of HPC and Hadoop Infrastructure, on- premise and cloud
- Bringing in and boosting innovative technologies for developing state-of-the-art HPC solutions for novel technical challenges
- Participating in IT-projects and taking the lead occasionally
For this position we offer an interesting salary considering your expertise and personal competencies as well as your professional experience. We are obliged by law to state the minimum salary according to the collective agreement, which amounts to € 34,142.50 gross per year (full-time) for this position. An overpayment is possible. Moreover, we offer our employees a variety of attractive social benefits which will be introduced in the personal interview.
- Bachelor?s/ Master?s degree in Information Technology or a related field
- Deep understanding and broad knowledge of the IT Infrastructure in HPC and cloud environments
- Experience in managing technical IT project, feasibility studies or proof of concepts
- Deep knowledge of relevant technologies, such as Linux and other operating systems, various scripting languages (Shell, Perl, Python etc.), system management and automation software, HPC Technologies (batch schedulers, parallel computing, high performance storage, etc.)
- Experience in building up and maintaining a Hybrid Cloud based on major platform providers, such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google
- Experience in Hadoop technologies preferable
- ITIL knowledge (Incident-, Problem-, and Change-Management) preferable
- Strong communication skills and past experience in support for and collaboration with international customers in a complex application environment
- Full command of the English language
Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the world?s 20 leading pharmaceutical companies. Headquartered in Ingelheim, Germany, Boehringer Ingelheim operates globally through 145 affiliates and a total of some 50,000 employees. The focus of the family-owned company, founded in 1885, is on researching, developing, manufacturing and marketing new medications of high therapeutic value for human and veterinary medicine. In 2015, Boehringer Ingelheim achieved net sales of about 14.8 billion euros. R&D expenditure corresponds to 20.3 per cent of net sales.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. We embrace all aspects of diversity and inclusion which benefit our employees, patients and communities.
Your application will be reviewed by our recruiting team as well as the respective department. Therefore, we do not state a specific contact person and kindly ask you to use a general salutation in your application.